MCPC 22 Coming Soon!
MCPC is set to run on Saturday the 1st of October, 2022!
This competition will run in-person and online, with in person participation required to be eligible for prizes.
Prizes will be awarded to teams of current Monash University students only (Honours/Masters included), with the total awarded to be split equally between team members.
- 1st Place: $450
- 2nd Place: $240
- 3rd Place: $120
- If any of the 1st/2nd/3rd Teams are gender diverse, the teams prize money will be multiplied by 1.5!
- The contest can be attempted by teams of size 1, 2 or 3. 3 is highly recommended as there are a lot of problems on offer!
- The contest will run for 5 hours and feature 12 new problems for you to solve. Problems range from very easy (anyone with basic knowledge of programming should be able to complete) to very hard.
- Each problem will be worth either 3, 10, 30 or 100 points, depending on the perceived difficulty - this may not correlate with personal difficulty!.
To sign up to the competition, only one of your team members should enter details into this form .
No entry fee, no obligation, just sign up and then we'll send out emails with further information closer to the date.
The problems worth 3 and 10 points will have partial marks (If you pass some of the tests, you get some of the points).
The problems worth 30 and 100 points will not have partial marks (You need to pass all tests to get any marks). This is to discourage "gaming" the test cases, we only want to award efficient and general solutions.
Get in touch / Train
If you are looking for some practice problems to work on, ask on our discord.
Additionally, you can use this discord to find teammates, or just to socialise.
We'll also be hosting multiple training workshops in the leadup to the competition. These are primarily social events but will also feature some problems for you to sink your teeth into!
- Submitting your first problem + Some basics: Monday 12th Sept 4pm and Wednesday 14th Sept 4pm at Law G07/G10 respectively.
- Binary Search, Sorting and others: Monday 19th Sept 4pm and Wednesday 21st Sept 4pm at Law G07/G10 respectively.
- Dynamic Programming, Recursion: Monday 26th Sept 4pm and Wednesday 28th Sept 4pm at Law G07/G10 respectively.